I hate to spoil the ending but everything is going to work out okay. ~ Anonymous
Anxiety, stress and depression can definitely make us question whether things will be okay. At best, anxiety and depression can take the joy out of daily living; at worst, they can be debilitating. And how we choose to deal with anxiety and depression can actually create new problems that take an emotional and physical toll.
As a Licensed Professional Counselor practicing in Kingwood and the surround areas, I work with clients who often find themselves overwhelmed with uncertainty, depression, and anxiety. They know something needs to change, but knowing what to change and how to make that change happen often has them feeling stuck.
With my clients, I focus on:
- finding new ways to deal with anxiety and depression
- developing healthier habits and relationships
- identifying existing positive coping skills along with developing new ones that can be used to help promote a sense of calm and wellbeing
- determining what needs to change for there to be more peaceful and personal fulfillment in daily living
- self care and self love as the foundations for a healthier and happier life
If you have the desire to make a change in your life or seek help for your child, the first step in the journey is to find the person best suited to walk beside you or your loved one.
Am I that person?
That’s a question only you can answer. The best way to determine if we’re a good fit is to call me for a free consultation at 281-900-6918 and we can talk.
Whatever you decide, you’ll have taken the first step toward living a more authentic, empowered life and closing the door on depression and anxiety.
Bachelor of Business Administration – The University of Houston, Clear Lake
Masters of Art, Counseling – Sam Houston State University
My approach to therapy:
- You are the expert on you. Counseling with me is a collaborative effort where together we work to find ways to create a more healthy, balanced lifestyle.
- I use a combination of Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
- Mindfulness: Simply put, mindfulness is getting off of autopilot and living in the moment. The benefits of mindfulness are numerous, such as reliving symptoms of depression, anxiety, emotional eating, and chronic pain.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): With CBT, we identify negative thought patterns and how those thoughts are contributing to unhelpful beliefs and behaviors. Changing unhealthy thought patterns can lead to a decrease in stress, depression, anxiety, and many other issues.
Solution Focused Brief Therapy: This therapy focuses on strengths and solutions. This is a short term therapy that tends to look at what works as opposed to what’s not working.